Wednesday, March 9, 2011

4. Frick

OK, I have no idea what to write next.

My characters are stuck in New York with nothing to do.

Any suggestions?

Just saw a preview of Limitless. I need something that actually makes sense.

I was listening to Foo Fighters today, the last album "Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace." The last song 'Home' contains those very words. I like the idea of an echo. It featured in the last thing I was working on too, the concept of a memory echoing back and forth in your head, resonating in the present. But how does the present echo into the future? I have decide that the first chapter is set well after chapter two, and will come back again at some point. So I do have something I'm plotting towards but don't quite know how to get there. They are slightly nomadic but something needs to happen in New York, something that will echo, before they move onto silence.

Unfortunately I don't think a character named Careless gets to have patience or grace. So there goes the inspiration for today.

Just read the lyrics for 'Home' and remembered there was a Nine Inch Nails song with the same name.

And now I'm onto something. They can't stick around much longer. They aren't where they should be.

1 comment:

  1. Why not write about what you know? Have you ever been to New York? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete